Re: Conclusion about Studio-PM's “Tech.Reports”

Studio - PM studio-pm at hotmail.com
Mon May 18 03:27:17 BST 2020

Dearest Tiger,

    direct to the Point(s):

P1) From a life-long experience as an experimental Physicist and as a s/w developer (CERN-GE, Univ.-TS, ...) I've got to appreciate good tech.doc.s sparing me unnecessary difficulties in making good use of high tech. devices in general, and computer systems and s/w tools in particular.

P2) From that experience I reached a “revolutionary” conclusion, that is that good/effective documentation should be written from the end-user point of view (and purpose, and needs), not from the involved high tech. device designer, producer or seller, as it usually happens.

P3) With such basic and revolutionary conviction in mind I decided to demonstrate the usefulness, the validity of my “vision” in a real case; that is with Eric, a fairly complex s/w tool so far virtually undocumented.

P3.1) A “basic and revolutionary conviction” which, by the way, implies that for writing valid and sensible documentation about a given tool, especially a high tech s/w tool, first of all (among other things, but this first of all) obviously you must know what that tool is intended for, you must be a fair expert of the intended art, so to test and know what you are talking about. Obviously.

P4) My intended reward for that commitment of mine was to get in touch with and obtain the operative adhesion of a bunch of, say, half a dozen users, so to get valid and sensible feed-back and professional support from qualified and collaborative fellow users. It would be sort of methodological revolution about how Tech.Doc. should be intended, and done.

P5) All what here said is openly and clearly announced in the Foreword of my work, and then stated with each and all pages that follow.

P6) In conclusion, after about half a dozen Tech.Reports aimed at the stated revolutionary goal, being, as it happens, my effort not appreciated nor encouraged by the Eric users' community, of course there is no reason to keep inflicting it upon them. Of course.

P7) All your question & remarks are anyhow welcome.

So long. Yours,

- P.M.

- -