[Eric] Researching for a youtube tutorial screencast

Orestes Mas (TSC-UPC) orestes at tsc.upc.edu
Tue Mar 10 09:59:08 GMT 2020

El 10/3/20 a les 10:44, JZA ha escrit:
> I am looking forward to record some screencasts on Eric youtube. I am
> looking to develop some topics around the main topics using Eric. I am
> looking to build a topic list. Looking for ideas on what to showcase.
> Here is some topics I am planning on showing, please recommend:
>
> 1. How to install and setup
> 2. Basic editing tools
> 3. UI tour
> 4. Projects
> 5. Virtualenv
> 6. Debugging
> 7. Git
> 8. Qt bindings
> 9. Snippets
>
> Regards.

For me, the most important and useful things are:

1) Installing and setup, including the possibility of installing Eric in
a virtual environment using pip, which is perhaps the easiest and
cleanest way to do it.

2) Installing and properly configuring the access to the Qt / PyQt
/Python documentation. The process is unintuitive and I must admit that
even after some time using Eric it's not clear to me yet.

3) Running projects in a virtual environment, including debugging,
althoug that's pretty straightforward.

4) The complete project setup and workflow, including the set up of
translation, resource compiling, etc.

--

- I don't think git it's a priority. People that use git usually use
their own tools and workflow outside Eric.

- Snippets would be nice, at least form me, to learn how to make profit
of them :-)

Regards,

Orestes Mas.