Is there a way to turn off SSL in Eric6 ?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Jul 10 10:35:55 BST 2020

Am 10.07.20 um 03:30 schrieb Amir Zia:
> you need SSL to grab plugins in Eric and you cannot update the plugin
> from https to http .. on my OS Eric is giving me SSL errors
> So is there a way to disable SSL ?

You may edit the plugin URL once you enable editing. This was made to
prevent the user editing the URL by accident. However, as soon as you
select Update, it will be reset to whatever was found in the plugin info
file downloaded from the eric web site.

The much better solution would be for you to ensure, you have SSL
support for Qt installed on your system.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de