[Eric] Documentation is missing from IDE

Phil phillor9 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 02:20:56 BST 2019

On 18/5/19 1:35 am, Detlev Offenbach wrote:

Hello Detlev,

I've given up trying to install the documentation in the IDE. I'm not
seeking advice, and I thank you for your time, I'm just letting you know
what the state of eric is for me now.

> This should read "http://eric-ide.python-project.org/...". The URL to the
> plug-ins repository can be changed in the Plug-ins Repository dialog.
Removing the "s" from "https" results in a never-ending loop. I'm
informed that the URL has changed and that I have to select "update".
I'm then back to where I started with a TLS initialisation error because
the URL has changed back to "https".

> Another cause could be, that your Qt installation is not compatible
> with your
> OpenSSL version or the OpenSSL libraries cannot be found.

As an experiment I've installed eric6 19.01 (the only version available)
from the Ubuntu repositories with exactly the same result. All of the
dependencies, recommendations and suggestions have been satisfied. So,
as you suggest, there is an incompatibility somewhere.

Eric is still useable in it's basic form and, by the way, I had no
problems with version 17 which I installed from the eric web site and
not the Ubuntu repositories.