[Eric] segmentation fault

Ian Proudler ikp1 at f2s.com
Sun May 5 10:53:43 BST 2019

Hi,

I had Eric 19.04 running under snap. However I messed up the git
repository so I removed Eric and reinstalled.

Now I get a segmentation fault when I try to launch Eric.

I have removed Eric and reinstalled it several times (using the Xubuntu
software app and manually from the command line with reboots between
removal and reinstallation) but nothing works.

In case it is important, the working version created a folder called
'42' under ~/snap/eric-ide whereas the new version created a file called
'85'.

I note that the command on the start menu is:

env
BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT=/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/eric-ide_eric.desktop
/snap/bin/eric-ide.eric %U

but there is no file
/var/lib/snapd/desktop/applications/eric-ide_eric.desktop

Running just ' /snap/bin/eric-ide.eric %U' also produces a segmentation
fault.

I have Skype installed as a snap package and that works OK.

I'm using Xubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Ian