[Eric] A naive question about the last mile to the goal.

Studio - PM Studio-PM at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:28:55 GMT 2019

All the (many...) IDEs I knew & used before Eric, all the (even more...) programming languages I knew & used before Python had, as an obvious final developing action, that of generating an autonomous s/w tool capable of autonomous execution, capable of an autonomous life(*); as with any form of life after conception and birth.

All, but Eric. An advanced, rich, powerful, sophisticated Developing Environment, but incredibly (to me) lacking in the most obvious of the final conclusive feature, that of providing the last mile path to the goal.

At first, and even now, I was so puzzled by this fact that I didn't dare to clearly express my surprise and ask explanation, clarification. I dare it now, now that I discontinued working in that field.

Just for retrospective curiosity's sake.

Thank you.

- P.M.

(*) I mean, all not-pure Basic-like interpreter, for which no autonomous execution life is conceived, and for which the development & execution environment are precisely the same thing. By design.