[Eric] /ui directory and Ui.mainwindow

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Sep 27 16:52:36 BST 2017

Hello Phil,

eric generates a file called Ui_*.py when compiling a form file (*.ui). In your
example the compiled source would be Ui_mainwindow.py. This file is stored
alongside the form file. In your module implementing the functionality of the
form you would include a line like this

from .Ui_mainwindow import Ui_mainwindow		<- your dialog class here
class MainWindow(QMainWindow, Ui_mainwindow):
  def __init__(self, parent=None):
    QMainWindow.__init__(self, parent=parent)
    self.setupUi(self)

That's it. This is the pattern used to implement the eric IDE.

Detlev

detlev at die-offenbachs.de