[Eric] Creating a Qt5 project

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Tue Sep 26 07:32:01 BST 2017

Thank you for reading this.

I've just this minute joined the Eric mailing list because I'm having
trouble creating a Qt5 project. I've been using Eric on and off for
about five years and during that time I've used the "Minibrowser"
tutorial as a guide. I have to use this tutorial almost every time I
have created a project because I don't find creating a project at all
intuitive and because I've forgotten how I did it six months or a year
later.

Anyway, I'm keen to try a Qt5 GUI project. Unfortunately and despite my
best efforts, I'm getting nowhere. Created files are ending up in the
wrong directories and I'm getting an error message that reads "module
'PyQt5.QtGui' has no attribute 'QApplication'". An extensive Internet
search has not helped.

So, is there a more recent tutorial or could someone point out the
differences between the "Minibrowser" tutorial and those that are now
required?