[Eric] Problem debugging code using pymongo

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Nov 12 15:10:31 GMT 2017

I'm trying to debug some code that uses pymongo. When using the debugger in eric, I get the following:

Exception "unhandled RecursionError"

maximum recursion depth exceeded

File: /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/eric6/DebugClients/Python/ThreadExtension.py, Line: 331

If I run without the debugger, the code runs successfully.

I've written the minimal code that demonstrates this as follows:

#!/usr/bin/python3

from pymongo import MongoClient

client=MongoClient()

print("Script finished.")

The error above occurs when the MongoClient method is called.

I'm using eric6 version 17.11, pymongo version 3.4.0 on Ubuntu 17.10, python 3.6.3

Any thoughts anyone?

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT Services | G64, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | T: +44 161 275 6093 | M: +44 773 330 0039