[Eric] Seg Fault On Opening Dialog Box

Helen Ready plunozero at gmail.com
Tue May 30 17:20:48 BST 2017

Hi Pete,

Not sure if this is noteworthy but the standarddialogs.py file was not
installed under my PyQt5 directory in my new Python 3.6.1 instance nor in
its affiliated virtual environment.  After scouting around, I did find a
standarddialogs.py in the original PyQt5 tarball I downloaded to configure
and build PyQt per Eric's suggestion that I download and configure all Eric
IDE dependencies separately instead of trying to use the QScin wheel via
Python's PIP.

Of the standard dialogs, all executed without warning or error EXCEPT the
QFileDialog.* buttons.  The 4 QFileDialog buttons in the middle of the list
all successfully opened a fully functional dialog box and recorded the
sought-after informantion.  However, they immediately threw the warning
"Gtk-WARNING **" Invalid input string" when I initially clicked the test
button but before any further action.  None of the standard dialogs
resulted in a seg fault, just those 4 resulted in a Gtk-WARNING.

-Ben