[Eric] eric debug mode appearance

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Apr 18 14:52:26 BST 2017

On Montag, 17. April 2017 18:42:20 Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hello Pete,
>
> the changed indication will be part of the next release. If you need this
> urgently, please get the default branch of the eric sources.

Great, thank you.

> Detlev
>
> PS: Please give a spec for the bytecode disassembler display.

Started from a toggle option (e.g. Show Bytecode), python source code lines
are amended with the disassembly below (unnumbered).

In debug mode, when catching an exception and bytecode display is enabled, the
offending opcode should be emphasized in the bytecode disassembly
(dis.distb()).

See Python build-in dis module and e.g. https://pymotw.com/3/dis/.

In a future version, single stepping through the bytecode would be awesome
(but I'm not sure, if interfaces for such functionality are available
already).

Cheers,
Pete