[Eric] Fw: 2 Questions about Eric(6) Tech.Reports--Tobias Rzepka's testimony

Studio - PM Studio-PM at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:12:34 GMT 2016

Thanks for your testimony.

>  if you start a new project
   I will, soon the announcement.
See you.
 - P.M.

________________________________
From: Tobias Rzepka <tobias.rzepka at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2016 7:50 PM
To: Studio - PM
Subject: Re: [Eric] 2 Questions about Eric(6) Tech.Reports

Hello Pietro,

about your questions:

Q1) Mostly to clarify a specific feature. Sometimes the short help, when you hover above a GUI element (if any) or when the name is not so clear, it's helpful if the expected behavior / function is described. Last time (2 days ago :-) I was looking for the difference between the two stop possibilities (F10 vs. Shift-F10). Sadly without luck but I like the numerous comments you made.

Q2) For me, I would like a guide how to use rope, because it's feature rich and I think also not well documented. Some features I've tested for the integration of the two rope implementations (Py2 and Py3) but I still doesn't understand all functions of rope and how they are used in which case.

But in any case, if you start a new project in conjunction of Eric or something totally different: I think, that a lot of people don't like handbooks, even if they are really helpful. I think that is one of the reasons you don't get much feedback on erics mailing list (another is, that the community isn't so big and/or active like in other projects). I would prefer a more web like experience - maybe like on readthedocs.org or even wikipedia. Every new page would be directly visible to the audience and maybe others could add comments or suggestions directly. What do you think about it?

Tobias