[Eric] Assistance with remote debugger operation

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jul 20 18:39:44 BST 2016

Hi,

the problem could be many fold.

1. The login to the remote computer must work without asking for a password. You should
try this outside of eric in a cmd.exe window
2. The path to the Python interpreter must be given as it is on the remote side.
3. The eric debugger backend is not installed on the remote computer.
4. There is a bug in eric preventing the remote execution.

On Wednesday 20 July 2016, 19:28:55 Igor D wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'll appreciate assistance with operation of remote Python debugger with
> Eric.
> Eric version - 6.1.7
> Host OS - Windows 7 64 bits
> Target OS - Debian Wheezy  Linux running on Beagle Bone Black board (
> https://beagleboard.org/black).
> Linux is without windows interface.
>
> I'd like to debug Python application running on target from Eric IDE
> running on host.
> Remote Debugging Enabled
> Remote host:  192.168.7.2
> Remote Execution: plink -l root
> Perform Path Translation enabled
> Remote path: /root/user/MyMain
> Local Path: c:\user\MyMain
>
> Windows firewall disabled.
> I constantly receive message: The debugger backend could not be started.
>
> What is wrong ?
>
> Thanks--
*Detlev Offenbach*
detlev at die-offenbachs.de