[Eric] Detachable windows in Eric6

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Aug 31 17:24:13 BST 2016

Open the configuration dialog, and select this type of interface on the Interface->Interface
config page. The change will be effective upon a restart of eric.

On Wednesday 31 August 2016, 19:18:58 Igor D wrote:
> Thanks.
> But not sure what you mean under "select the Toolboxes interface" ?
>
> Igor
>
> BTW - one more question. I tried to install Eric on Windows 7 with Python
> 3.4 and failed to do that.
> It does not find PyQt5. I need Python 3.4 because I work with GTK3+ and it
> does not support Python 3.5

The installers/wheels are only available for Python 3.5. However, you can install both
Python versions in parallel (e.g. in c:\Python34 and c:\Python35). That works ok over here
(I even have Python2 installed in parallel as well).

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Detlev Offenbach <detlev at die-offenbachs.de>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > to some extent it is possible, if you select the Toolboxes interface. In
> > former times we had the dock windows interface but that is history.
> >

> > Detlev
> >
> > On Wednesday 31 August 2016, 10:12:43 Igor D wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > I have a question. Is it possible to create detachable (floating) window
> >
> > in
> >
> > > Eric6.
> > >
> > > Personally, it is very convenient for me to work with interpreter
> > > windows
> > >
> > > as detached.
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Igor