[Eric] Installing Eric6

Colin J. Williams cjw at ncf.ca
Tue Aug 30 20:31:30 BST 2016

Detlev,

Many thanks for your response.  Since seeking guidance, using the
procedure described below, I have succeeded in installing Eric6 and
started with my first module.

Now, I am all at sea, trying to set the various options for Eric6.  It
looks as though Eric is a powerful tool.  I come from PyScripter, after
few year break.

Thanks again got your message.

Colin W.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Source:
http://techattitude.com/tips-tricks-and-hacks/how-to-install-eric6-ide-for-python-on-windows/

    [Note: PyScripter, developed by Kiriakos Vlahos, was an excellent
    IDE, but  it is no longer maintained.

    Ninja appears to be limited to Python2]

Download Eric 6 installer package from their website here
<http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/eric-download.html>. After
downloading the zip file extract it on your disk. Now copy the location
of the folder. If you extract the files in the downloads folder, the
location path will be something like:
C:usersYOURPCNAMEdownloadseric6extracted

Now open command prompt(type cmd in windows search and hit Enter). Now
type cd and paste the path of the folder location and hit Enter. Now
open the folder through windows explorer and make sure there is an
install.py file in the extracted directory. If it is, switch to command
prompt again and type install.py and hit Enter.

C:\Users\AdminOnly\Downloads\eric6-6.1.8\eric6-6.1.8>REM Eric Install

C:\Users\AdminOnly\Downloads\eric6-6.1.8\eric6-6.1.8>Python install.py
Checking dependencies
Python Version: 3.5.2
Found PyQt5
Found pyuic5
Found QScintilla2
Found QtGui
Found QtNetwork
Found QtPrintSupport
Found QtSql
Found QtSvg
Found QtWidgets
Qt Version: 5.7.0
sip Version: 4.18.1
PyQt Version: 5.7
QScintilla Version: 2.9.3
All dependencies ok.

Cleaning up old installation ...

Creating configuration file ...

Compiling user interface files ...

Compiling source files ...

Installing eric6 ...

Installation complete.

Press enter to continue...

Now wait until the installation is complete. Once done, you will see a
message saying: Installation complete, Press enter to continue…

Now Hit enter and type eric6 and press Enter again. This should open up
the Eric6 IDE.

Now is the time to set the configuration.  Use Settings.