[Eric] Getting error trying to run Eric 6 on Kubuntu Trusty

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 15:06:32 GMT 2015

I am getting an error saying that there is no overloaded signal:

e5App().focusChanged[QWidget, QWidget]

I installed Debian Sid's Eric 6.0.8 package
(https://packages.debian.org/sid/eric) directly on my Kubuntu Trusty
system as the declared dependencies were easily satisfied, but got the
error. Do I correctly presume the PyQt behaviour has changed since my
version of PyQt 5.2.1 to enable indexing of a signal using the
signature even when there is only one signal (as in the present case)?
In which case, the Debian packaging should be correctly to reflect
this version dependency.

--
Shriramana Sharma ஶ்ரீரமணஶர்மா श्रीरमणशर्मा