[Eric] Code completion's issue

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat Feb 28 14:18:11 GMT 2015

Hi,

rope completion support has just been implemented. Please get the plug-in via the plug-in
repository dialog and activate rope completions and calltips on the respective configuration
pages.

Users of the eric Assistant plug-in please note, that only one extermal completion and calltips
provider can be activated.

On Friday 27 February 2015, 22:56:01 zbyna wrote:
> It would be great to add rope plugin autocompletion for eric6.
>
> So here is the result of my "research":
>
> I have tried
>   - the general code, which was part of my previous messages
>   - small PyQt4 application please see code:
> https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/2203
>   - new style of PyQt4 signals please issue in:
> https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/issues/2203 (in Spyder works with
> rope (not with jedi)

> IDE		general code	PyQt4	PyQt4-signals	Library
> KDevelop	works		works	works		don't know
> Spyder		works		works	works
rope
> Spyder		works		works	fail