[Eric] Matplotlib.pyplot import errors in the eric4 shell

Matthew D Antalek mantale1 at binghamton.edu
Wed Sep 24 15:07:06 BST 2014

Hi All,

  I recently installed eric4 on my machine (Mid '09 MacBook Pro with OSX
10.8.5) but I cannot import pyplot within the eric4 shell. I can import it
from a terminal instance of python. Python and matplotlib were installed
using homebrew. Here's the error:

from matplotlib import pyplot as plt

Error:

import matplotlib._png as _png

Reason: image not found

With some other info about what file the error was coming from. Is there
some other variable that I need to set so eric can use the pyplot package?
It seems that both my terminal and eric are using the same installation of
python.

Thanks,
Matt