[Eric] Monospace font on Linux

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Mar 10 17:57:02 GMT 2014

Hello,

the monospaced menu entry can only be activated for files, that don't have a highlighter. For all
these the syntax highlighter is responsible for supplying the font. In case of Python you must
configure the fonts for Python2 and/or Python3. When you load a Python source file you will see
the variant detected by a little icon in the status bar.

Detlev

On Monday 10 March 2014, 15:03:08 Hans Schmidt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for the quick reply. I tried to change it, but it did not really
> work.
>
> What I found is that a normal text file (without syntax highlighting)
> will display a monospaced font, but if it is a programming language
> (Python, Bash etc), it does not work. Even if the settings are applied
> in the syntax highlighter, the monospace font cannot be activated.
>
> Well, I will give it some further tries. Hopefully I can find a solution.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Am 08.03.2014 23:54, schrieb Detlev Offenbach:
> > Hello,
> >

> > normally you don't have to do anything special except configure the
> > fonts in for the syntax highlighter to use a monospaced font. Over
> > here it works fine on openSUSE 13.1. I am using 'Liberation mono'.
> >

> > Detlev
> >
> > On Saturday 08 March 2014, 23:21:33 Hans Schmidt wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >

> > > I have some problem with setting a monospace font in Eric on Linux. It
> > >
> > > works fine on Windows 7, but on Linux I have some problems.
> > >

> > > I use openSUSE 13.1 with KDE, Python 3, PyQt etc from the package
> > >
> > > manager (nothing special), and Eric 5 from the homepage (5.4.1).
> > >

> > > Well, when starting Eric for the first time, the source code (Python 3)
> > >
> > > is only in sans-serif font, not in monospace. I tried to change it in
> > >
> > > the settings, first the general style settings and then in syntax
> > >
> > > highlighting both for Python 2 and Python 3. But it still does not
> >
> > change.
> >
> > > Right clicking in the editor widget shows only a disabled “Enable
> > >
> > > monospace font” option, but I cannot click it.
> > >

> > > Is there some trick to do this? This even happens on a freshly installed
> > >
> > > system.
> > >

> > > Thanks!

> > Detlev Offenbach
> >
> > detlev at die-offenbachs.de--