[Eric] Monospace font on Linux

Hans Schmidt z0idberg at gmx.de
Sat Mar 8 14:21:33 GMT 2014

Hello,

I have some problem with setting a monospace font in Eric on Linux. It
works fine on Windows 7, but on Linux I have some problems.

I use openSUSE 13.1 with KDE, Python 3, PyQt etc from the package
manager (nothing special), and Eric 5 from the homepage (5.4.1).

Well, when starting Eric for the first time, the source code (Python 3)
is only in sans-serif font, not in monospace. I tried to change it in
the settings, first the general style settings and then in syntax
highlighting both for Python 2 and Python 3. But it still does not change.
Right clicking in the editor widget shows only a disabled “Enable
monospace font” option, but I cannot click it.

Is there some trick to do this? This even happens on a freshly installed
system.

Thanks!