[Eric] shell: pasting

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 18:03:17 BST 2014

On 9 June 2014 17:33, Tobias Rzepka <tobias.rzepka at gmail.com> wrote:

> MM schrieb am 05.06.2014 10:57:
>
> hi,
>
>  When I paste in python shell, the pasted string gets added at the end of
> the line rather than where the cursor currently is in the line.
> Is there a way to alter this behaviour?
>
>  rds,
>
> Hello MM,
>
> do you did it on Win with keyboard shortcuts or is it a different
> configuration?
> Actually you can't alter this behavior.
>
> Tobias

In windows yes. Both with Ctrl+V or with right click paste, it pastes at
the end of the line, rather than where the cursor is

It is very unusual!!! If you have a very long line, you have to copy/paste
by segments , before what you want to insert, what you want to insert, then
after what you want to insert:-)