[Eric] Recipe for parallel installation of PyQt5 and PyQt4 on Windows

Hans Schmidt z0idberg at gmx.de
Sat Jan 18 17:10:10 GMT 2014

Hello,

I tried to do this, but it does not work (at least not as in the
tutorial). I started from my already existing PyQt4 installation and
then proceeded with steps 4 to 8.

When trying to open eric5.bat, it does not do anything.
When I open a Python interpreter and try to import QtGui, it gives me
the following:

Python 3.3.2 (v3.3.2:d047928ae3f6, May 16 2013, 00:03:43) [MSC v.1600 32
bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
information.
>>> from PyQt4 import
QtGui
Traceback (most recent call
last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in
<module>
ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 ist keine zulässige
Win32-Anwendung.
>>> from PyQt5 import