[Eric] FW: Again about: Eric(5) tools

Pietro Moras studio-pm at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 2 18:17:04 GMT 2013

Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 12:58:46 -0400From: cjwilliams43 at gmail.comTo: studio-pm at hotmail.comSubject: Re: [Eric] Again about:  Eric(5) tools

    On 02/11/2013 12:06 PM, Pietro Moras
      wrote:

        >  how basic
          Dear Colin,
           By design cx_Freeze can be used at three levels,
          three different ways:
          1/3)  At basic “cxfreeze” level (by the way, it's how
          it's currently embedded in Eric);
          2/3)  By means of custom cx-Distutils-like “setup.py”
          scripts;
          3/3)  By means of direct use of cx_Freeze modules library.-
        It was my first choice to investigate the “setup.py”
          script way, and I found it:
           – Messy
           – “Unripe”
           – Unsupported
          So that I gave it up.
          Anyhow I would be happy to change my mind if cx_Freeze people
          gave me sound reasons to; so far they didn't...
          That said, I'll be also glad to further discuss this topic
          with you, in case you're interested.
          All the best.
           - P.M.