[Eric] Shell and Breaking on Exception

Mark Mordeca mark.mordeca at prosensus.ca
Mon May 6 17:57:07 BST 2013

Hi,

I’m sorry to bring this up again, but I did more troubleshooting into what
is causing my problem and have narrowed it down to a difference in eric4
versions.  Up to version 4.4.12 (r3937), eric4 behaves as I expect; i.e.
when I run with F2 (or shift+F2) and an exception occurs, I say yes to if I
would like to break at the exception, and then in the shell I can type
“self” and variable names to access the variables in the memory space.
When I upgrade to the next version in line, 4.4.13 (r3989), this no longer
works – when I say yes to break at the exception and type self (or other
variables that do exist) in the shell, I get not defined errors.

The change log is unhelpful, the entry for 4.4.13 is “bug fixes”.  Can you
please provide any insight into what changed in between these two versions
that could cause this?

Thank you,

Mark