[Eric] Bug With Left Sidebar

Mark Mordeca mark.mordeca at prosensus.ca
Thu Jun 27 16:33:14 BST 2013

Hello,

I have been experiencing an annoying bug related to the left sidebar.  In
certain situations, after exiting running in debug mode the left pane does
not reappear and when I double click one of the tabs (like Project-Viewer)
to make it reappear the width will be so small it is basically unusable and
then when I attempt to resize the left sidebar to make it bigger, it won’t
resize.  Changing to debug profile and back to edit profile, or closing and
reopening it with the window menu does not solve the problem.  The only way
to restore the left sidebar back to normal is to exit and restart Eric.

I believe a certain situation must occur for this problem to arise, for
example, just starting in debug mode and then stopping does not create the
problem.  Below is one sequence of events that led to it for me:

1.       In edit profile

2.       Shift+F5 to start project in debug mode

3.       Encounter an exception and choose to break at it

4.       Hit the restart button  (note that I did not hit stop after
breaking and before pressing restart)

5.       Press the stop button

Thank you,

Mark