[Eric] Ubuntu Package for 4.5.11 (perhaps debian too)

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Fri Jul 26 18:33:13 BST 2013

On 13-05-27 04:06 PM, Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
> On 13-05-27 03:20 PM, David wrote:
>> So, my question is there a way I can contribute my work back to the
>> community?  Presumably this is yes, so what I really need to know is
>> where to contribute my work back?  What is the best way to this?
> The work *should*, I believe, happen on Launchpad at:
>
>     bzr branch lp:ubuntu/eric
>
> and I'm guessing you'll need the .tar.gz for all of the core app and
> the various translations. There is *likely* a script to download all
> of those into the correct places.  Once you've got your changes
> integrated you'll likely either create a pull request, or use `bzr
> send` to send the fixes to the maintainers.
>
> I haven't actually gone through the process myself, I'm just going on
> an outsider's impressions of how it is supposed to work.
So I updated my laptop to Kubuntu 13.04, and realized this was still
outstanding.

I've put in a request to merge the 4.5.13 release into ubuntu/eric, but
I'm not sure if that will actually happen, as ubuntu/eric appears to
just be a debian mirror (i.e. not an ubuntu-specific branch).

I didn't try to work on Eric5, as it's taken far too long just to get a
working updated build (the secret is that bzr merge-upstream doesn't
merge anything but watched files, so you have to manually unpack the
translation files).

Enjoy,
Mike