[Eric] Eric 5.3.4: Cannot launch Ruby shell

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Jul 3 17:29:22 BST 2013

What version of Ruby are you using? The eric5 Ruby backend does not
work correctly starting with Ruby 1.9. Unfortunately there hasn't been a
valunteer yet to fix it and my Ruby knowledge is too limited.

Detlev

On Tuesday 02 July 2013, 22:54:35 Patrick Schönbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when trying to launch a Ruby shell in Eric 5.3.4, I get:
>
> SyntaxError:  syntax error, unexpected end-of-input
> Capabilities<
>              ^
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:477:in `eval'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:477:in `handleLine'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/AsyncIO.rb:73
> :in `readReady'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:619:in `eventLoop'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:595:in `interact'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:1180:in `main'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClient.r
> b:44:in `<main>'
> SyntaxError:  syntax error, unexpected end-of-input
> Banner<
>        ^
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:477:in `eval'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:477:in `handleLine'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/AsyncIO.rb:73
> :in `readReady'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:619:in `eventLoop'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:595:in `interact'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClientBa
> seModule.rb:1180:in `main'
> D:/Program
> Files/Python/Python3/Lib/site-
packages/eric5/DebugClients/Ruby/DebugClient.r
> b:44:in `<main>'
>
> What could be wrong?
>
> Best regards,
> Patrick--