[Eric] Weird debugging/breakpoint problem

Christian Rothländer eric at cr.sy.gs
Fri Feb 1 07:37:12 GMT 2013

Hi there,

I just updated to the recent eric5-version 5.2.7 because of a weird problem with the last versions. Breakpoints are working in some files but do not in others. The sniplet shows how I load those
modules the Breakpoints are not working in - any clue what's the problem? It worked in the past (until my last update on christmas 2012) but suddenly stopped. I use remote debugging via the command
line to debug a tool needing root access:

sudo python /usr/lib64/python3.2/site-packages/eric5/DebugClients/Python/DebugClient.py --fork-parent -h localhost -n -- ./tool.py <params>

Christian

*******************************

    def getModules(self):
        """ Liest alle Module aus dem Modulverzeichnis ein und initialisiert diese"""

        dirlist = os.listdir(self.path)

        print dirlist

        for file in os.listdir(self.path):
            if file.endswith(".py"):
                myModule = file[:-3]

                try:
                    exec("import " + myModule)
                except Exception as e:
                    logging.debug("Unable to load module %s - skipping file",  (file))
                    logging.debug(type(e))
                    logging.debug(e)
                    raise
                    continue

                for classname in dir(eval(myModule)):  #Module einlesen in Liste
                    if classname.startswith("MOD_"):
                        self.moduleDict[myModule] = eval(myModule + "." + classname + "()")