[Eric] Error launching Qt-Developer from Eric4

Srinivas Nyayapati shireenrao at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 15:59:40 BST 2013

Hello
I am trying to follow the Eric4 minibrowser tutorial. I am at the stage
where one needs to launch designer by double clicking the .ui file. I see
an error window when i try open the .ui file with the following message -

"Could not start Qt-Designer. Ensure that it is available as ."

I am running mountain lion 10.8.2
I installed the following from macports -

Python 2.7.3
QT 4.8.4
PyQt 4.10.0
QScintilla 2.4.6
Sip 4.14.5

I then got the latest source code of Eric4 4.5.10 and installed that. I can
also open designer from the command line. It's when I am trying to launch
this from Eric4, I see the error.

I did a search for this error, and found a similar problem somebody had in
2008. The message was slightly different and that thread did not help.

Another thing I should mention is that before I went the macports route.. I
installed the complete bundle for PyQt from pyqtx. This was installed on
python 2.7.2 I installed from python.org.
I abandoned that route and went the macports way.

I did make sure I was using the right version of python when I was
installing all the different packages.

Has anybody else seen this problem? Can you help me resolve this issue?

-Srini