[Eric] Strange eric4 start up issue

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Sep 25 08:16:30 BST 2012

Hi Detlev,

after upgrading to openSUSE 12.2, eric4 4.5.6, and tidying up the usual
fallout (svn upgrade was necessary this time), I suffer from a real strange
start up issue of eric4.

In my project Makefiles, I usually use a target like this:

edit:
        @$(ERIC) $(BASENAME).e4p &

Now, this takes ages to complete, and keeps a strange "bash -i" instance
running in a loop.

Investigating that a bit further shows, that I'm not able to start eric from a
shell in the background (eric4 &), as that leads to a stopped eric process.
Sigkilling that reveals the "bash -i" instance running wild.

I seems to happen when eric creates its toolbars.

hp at xrated:~> eric4 --debug &
[1] 22082
hp at xrated:~> DEBUG:root:Importing Preferences
DEBUG:root:Importiere Packages...
DEBUG:root:Erzeuge das Hauptfenster...
DEBUG:root:Initialisiere Plugin Manager...
DEBUG:root:Erzeuge das Hauptfenster...
DEBUG:root:Creating Layout...
DEBUG:root:Creating Viewmanager...
DEBUG:root:Creating toolboxes...

If you cannot reproduce this, let me know.

Cheers,
Pete