[Eric] eric4 and ruby

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Tue Nov 27 17:43:51 GMT 2012

Ok, I think I understand the problem. The eric debugger backend is assigning
its own handler for stderr and stdout in order to communicate their output
back to the frontend (it is what you would see in the shell window). By your
reopening you take stderr away from it and that causes the issue later on.

Please try it with disabled stderr redirection. You may do this on a project
basis (Project->Debugger->Debugger Properties) or more general via the
configuration dialog, Ruby Debugger page.