[Eric] eric4 refuses to be backgrounded

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Wed Nov 21 22:37:46 GMT 2012

On 12-11-21 05:13 PM, Dan wrote:
> In Linux, eric 4.5.7 seems to refuse to be run as a background job:
>
> eric &
>
> reports Stopped after a while, and I have to "fg" it to continue. Any
> idea why this might happen? I'm on Ubuntu 12.04.
I can confirm that the behaviour exists on a 12.04 Kubuntu box as well...

(gui-env)mcfletch at raistlin:~/atx-dev/digistream$ eric4 --debug &
[2] 32333
(gui-env)mcfletch at raistlin:~/atx-dev/digistream$ DEBUG:root:Importing
Preferences
Warning: translation file 'qt_en_CA'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'eric4_en_CA'could not be loaded.
Using default.
Warning: translation file 'qscintilla_en_CA'could not be loaded.
Using default.
DEBUG:root:Importing packages...
DEBUG:root:Generating Main Window...
DEBUG:root:Initializing Plugin Manager...
DEBUG:root:Generating Main User Interface...
DEBUG:root:Creating Layout...
DEBUG:root:Creating Viewmanager...
DEBUG:root:Creating dockable windows...

[2]+  Stopped                 eric4 --debug

No idea why.  Same command without the & runs fine.

HTH,
Mike