[Eric] PySide Support

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sat May 19 10:56:00 BST 2012

Hello Gustavo,

Here is what I did. I loaded your test project in eric4 and placed a
breakpoint on the line calling the QApplication constructor and started the
project in debug mode. Once execution was halted at the breakpoint I selected
"Step over" and the application died. Tracing the debugger client part (i.e.
the debugger backend) revealed, that everything was executed fine. It crashed
in the PySide code.

However, running it from the command line does not show this behavior. Neither
does a variant converted to PyQt4. I have no idea what is getting in the way
on Linux.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de