[Eric] Planned eric changes

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Wed May 2 13:33:45 BST 2012

On 12-05-01 10:14 AM, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hello eric users,
>
> I am planning to simplify the eric code a bit. Currently eric supports
> four different window layouts. These are
>
> 1. floating windows
> 2. docking windows
> 3. toolbox windows (on the left and the bottom)
> 4. sidebars (on the left and on the bottom)
>
> I am planning to delete the support for 1. and 2. What does the
> community say to this plan?
Fine with me (if I understand the question).  I never use anything but a
two-pane "tiled" configuration with project viewer on the left and
editor on the right, with all of the toolbars hidden.  I believe that's
just one "sidebar" (the project "vertical toolbar"?)

As an aside: I'd disable the Multi project and Template views in the
"vertical toolbar" if I could (never use them and they mess up
scrolling-with-the-trackpad (when you reach the bottom of the project
list you switch to template view, then scroll back up, but you wind up
with the project viewer scrolled up slightly unless you are very precise
so you have to scroll down again, which...)).

Feel free to rip out things *other* people like ;) :) ,
Mike