[Eric] Qthelp not found eric5

ken brockman krush1954 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 03:16:28 GMT 2012

I have been trying unsuccessfully on and off for over two months to
> > > get
> > > eric5 installed on my Ubuntu 11.10 system. Each time I try to
> > > compile
> > > it, i get the same error msg, "Qthelp not found". I have python2.7
> > > and
> > > 3.2 and 3.2mu installed. When i install I have reference python,
> > > python3.2 and python3.2mu, all to no avail. Any help would be
> > > greatly
> > > appreciated. Tkinter is looking better by the day, though I would
> > > really love to use QT and eric5.

> If you get an ImportError it means, that the QtHelp package is having an
> issue. That is not an eric5 fault. Make sure you have compatible versions of
> Qt4 and PyQt4 installed (best through the package manager of your distro.
>
> Regards,
> Detlev

Sorry I had misunderstood your last response. The package manager says all is installed. I have also install Qt4,  QScintilla-gpl-2.6 and PyQt4 from online, compiled and installed them. Also Sip and one or two other packages but still, no go. Have eric4 installed from the package manager, it is an earlier release. But eric5 won't work or install with 2.7, so I'm left with the puzzle of getting eric5 installed? My release of Linus, Ubuntu, doesn't offer eric5 as an option in package manager.
In your last email you said "But eric5 won't work or install with 2.7,...".
That is correct because eric5 needs Python3 to be installed and executed.
Please make sure you have sip, PyQt4 and QScintilla Python bindings done for
Python3.

Yes I totally get it. I had said that i knew eric5 needed python3 in my last email. I know qthelp has to be install in python3. My question is HOW? I have built and installed Pyqt4, Qscintilla, sip, etc etc, all using python3 in the terminal, several times  and still no good?
There must be a way to do it. If you would be so kind as to give me a clue, I would be in your debt. I can Import PyQt4 in python 3 But still get the NO QtHelp error when trying to install eric5. Is there a site online where i can download just QtHelp , then install with python3???
I am not alone in this problem. I have seen many others, when goggling the problem with the same issue.
Once more thanks for any help you can offer.
Ken

detlev at die-offenbachs.de