[Eric] Eric4 tooltips break keyboard layout?

Juan Manuel Santos vicariousdm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 04:19:07 BST 2010

Hello list,

First of all I don't know if tooltips is the correct technical term, I am
referring to the small suggestion popups that appear when writing code.

I have my keyboard layout set to United States - variant International with
dead keys. I have  come upon a very annoying problem when using Eric (which I
honestly don't know where it comes from, since this is a new GNU/Linux install
and I am using my previous Eric4 home which had no problems): whenever one of
those popups appear, my keyboard layout WITHIN Eric is reset to us acentos
(that is, no more dead keys, and no possibility of writing characters like "
in a quick way).

I can go to a terminal and type "setxkbmap us intl" to fix this, but as soon as
another popup appears, the problem appears again. Anybody has any ideas about
this?

I am using Gentoo Linux and Eric 4.4.8 with Python-2.6.5

Thanks in advance
Juan Manuel