[Eric] Remote debugger settings (RPyC)

otrov dejan.org at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 00:15:19 BST 2010

Hey,
here is little info about where I am, although it may be unnecessary (skip to question below): I'm not professional programmer, but like Python scripting which makes many things easier to me and possible. I'm working in Windows and my favorite little editor is SciTE, and use it for two line code, but can't for project ideas when I switch to some IDE. I think I tried them all, and I settled on PyDev and lighter alternative PyScripter. I use alternative IDE most of the time, so rarely SciTE and rarely PyDev. Eclipse is great, but I'm reluctant in lunching Java (same feeling for .NET) so most of the time using Delphi based PyScripter. It's fine program but I'm submitting to many bugs and decided to have a look at some other IDE. I tried again WingIDE, spider, eric4 and SPE, and for my preference I found eric4 as interesting new IDE which I'm willing to learn. It's more then I need and has silly icon, but I like functionality, QScintilla, SVN + wanted to try PyQt also. So I'm very new to it, and thanks to all who made it possible.

Here is my question: I used RPyC in PyScripter which was working automatically there. Is RPyC recommended also in eric4 or not? I found settings in debugger configuration but have no idea what to do, to enable RPyC.

Also can I search somehow this mailing list?

Thanks