[Eric] What about to add comment/uncomment support to files of html, css and so on?

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Wed Oct 6 17:20:29 BST 2010

On Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2010, Igor Mitrenko wrote:
> Oh, sorry.
> I mean comment/uncomment functions in eric. They works with python code,
> but in other cases (such as html, js, css) they don't. Actually, they
> work, but make wrong things - just add or remove python-style comment
> symbol '#', when it's expected to add content-specific comments like "<!--
> -->" pair in html, "//" or "/* */" in js source, and "/* */" in css.
> Finally, it's worth to mention django template comments "{# <commented
> text> #}" and "{% comment %}{% endcomment %}". So, it would be great if
> you implement such functions. I would implement them by myself, but I
> don't understand clearly internal architecture of eric.

Ok, I got the idea. Actually, eric already has three types of comments. They
are all defined in the various lexer classes and are made available via the
Edit menu. However, I admit, that some comments might not be defined
correctly. I would be very happy to receive a patch. The Django lexer ist part
of the Django plug-in.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de