[Eric] eric5 on MacOS X

b k mutualaid at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 22:01:09 BST 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 12:16 PM, detlev <detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:

> The GUI should be the same on all platforms. Maybe you can send a
> screenshot
> and highlight the difference.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2615/eric5screenshot.png

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I don't see the autohide button anywhere.

> > - Installation litters /usr/[local]/bin with a bunch of eric5-* scripts.
> It
> > would be nice to have a cleaner install. This would be nice with the
> > windows version also.
>
> And uninstall would get rid if needed.

True, except the scripts have absolute paths hardcoded which makes it
difficult to ie, create a portable version on a flash drive (which may have
a different volume name or drive letter on different machines). I've tried
replacing them with relative paths via sed script without success.

Ben K.