[Eric] Project does not initially save ".pyw" file as main script

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Sat Jul 24 22:18:43 BST 2010

I am working on a cross platform application, and we use Bazaar for version
control, which means I do a lot of branching. Whenever I create a new project
in Eric for this program, I select the main script, which is a .pyw file (so
that Windows users don't get a command line when they run the app), and the
project/Eric seems to strip the "w" from the extension.

This means that every time I create a new Project (which can be 3 to 4 times a
week) I have to go and edit the project properties again and reset the main
script to the correct file name. As you can imagine, I find this incredibly
irritating. Fortunately, after the second time I set the main script in the
project, it seems to keep the full extension.

I'm using Eric 4.4.2 on Kubuntu, but I've had this problem since about version
4.1 or so. I downloaded and tried out Eric 5, and it seems to have the same
problem.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za