[Eric] How to install QScintilla ?

detlev detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Sun Jul 4 16:57:45 BST 2010

On Sonntag, 4. Juli 2010, projetmbc at club-internet.fr wrote:

> Indeed the following seems to work for the installation :
>
>  ==============================
>      cd /Users/cbal/Downloads/eric5-5.0.0
>      sudo python3 install.py
>  ==============================
>
> Then I've tried to launch Eric but I've had the following :
>
> ==============================
> $ eric5
> /usr/local/bin/eric5: line 3:
>  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/bin/pythonw: No such
>  file or directory /usr/local/bin/eric5: line 3: exec:
>  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/bin/pythonw: cannot
>  execute: No such file or directory MacBook-Pro-de-cbal:eric5-5.0.0 cbal$
>  eric5 -h/usr/local/bin/eric5: line 3:
>  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/bin/pythonw: No such
>  file or directory /usr/local/bin/eric5: line 3: exec:
>  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/bin/pythonw: cannot
>  execute: No such file or directory ==============================
>
> What's wrong ? The following works : "python3
>  /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.1/lib/python3.1/site-packa
> ges/eric5/eric5.py".
>
> I've another problem : the window of Eric goes under my Dock. I can resize
>  it.
>
> Sorry for being a little boring but that's the first time I use Eric.

You are not boring. You might actually be the first user trying to install
eric5 on a Mac. That said can you please clarify the a.m. paths? Do they exist
at all? Where is Python installed and what is the name of the executable
(python and pythonw). The code generating the command line was ported from
eric4, where it used to work.

detlev at die-offenbachs.de