[Eric] How to install QScintilla ?

projetmbc at club-internet.fr projetmbc at club-internet.fr
Sun Jul 4 15:32:39 BST 2010

There is another problem.

>>> Get QScintilla from the PyQt4 web site, compile and install it and compile and
>>> install the Python wrapper. Detailed instructions are in the package.

I've installed all of that using the two following sequences of commands in a terminal.

========= 1ST STEP =========
         cd path_dir_Qt4_in_unzipped_Qscintilla_source
         qmake qscintilla.pro -spec macx-g++
         make
         sudo make install

========= 2ND STEP =========
         cd path_dir_Python_in_unzipped_Qscintilla_source
        python3 configure.py
        make
        sudo make install

===========================

Then I've done "sudo python3 /Users/cbal/Downloads/eric5-5.0.0/install.py" but there is the followinf message :

========= ERROR =========
        All dependencies ok.

        Compiling user interface files...

        Compiling source files...
        Can't list eric

        Installing eric5 ...
        IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'eric/LICENSE.GPL3'
        Try install as root.

I'm the only user in my Mac so I do not really understand the message.

Regards,
Christophe