[Eric] Highligthing and fileassociation

detlev detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Jul 1 18:05:34 BST 2010

On Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2010, F.A.Pinkse wrote:
> Hi Detlev,
>
> The .asm I was working on is an Assembler file for a mcu.
> Normally those end up all with .asm but the mnemonics changes from
> manufacturer/type  to manufacturer/type.
> So I have a fike with strange highlightings in it.
>
> I work around it for now by changing the extension by hand before assembly.
>

> The strange thing is the association of *.asm is not in the list but the
> text gets still highlighted.

What kind of highlighter is named in the status bar? That is probably
"Guessed". The behavior is, that eric first tries all built in QScintilla
lexers iaw the lexer association. If it can't find a suitable one, it uses
Pygments for highlighting. You may select an appropriate one from the list of
alternative languages via the editor context menu. If you like what you see,
you may associate this lexer with the *.asm pattern.

Detlev