[Eric] Eric4 clean start

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Mon Oct 19 12:31:24 BST 2009

Hi,

I've moved some python files that have been hacked in eric4-IDE from my home
partition to a data partition (it is mounted on /dat).  My OS is ubuntu 9.04,
the CPU is amd64.

Please consider a bunch X of related files that were hacked with eric4 in  ~/X
directory.

When I try to run (by pressing F5) a "new" project X in /dat , i.e. /dat/X,
eric4 gives a series of errors, including 'can not open ~/X'.  No wonder - it
has been moved!

Attempting to edit some configuration files, I suspect I have created great
mess.  I would like to start eric4 from scratch, so that it forgets all about
its past mishaps with me  :).

How do I uninstall *completely* eric and all that goes with it (so I can start
with a clean slate.)  Including the debugger, as during development of X I run
it with F5, which invokes the debug mode.

All advice gratefully received.

OldAl.

--
Algis Kabaila, MEngSc, PhD(Eng)