[Eric] Indentation and shell/terminal font size

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:29:59 BST 2009

Now that this thing works in my distro, here's what I found odd:

I set indentation to tabsize=4 indentsize=4 usetabs.  Yet, tabs are 2
characters wide.  I do use a monospaced font so it shouldn't be a confusion
with variable width...  I remember this issue from back in the days when I
wrote ljKlient.

Shell and terminal fonts look huge, apparently 10pt or so, regardless of me
setting it to 8pt (laptop screen estate is very scarce, afterall :))

Also, I have some ANSI colour escape sequences in my PS1, which show up in the
terminal as ESC[32;01m etc. instead of colours, or getting stripped.  Not sure
if this is a known issue.