[Eric] Eric segfaults at startup

Guðjón Guðjónsson gudjon.i.gudjonsson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 21:21:20 BST 2009

Hi Darren
    I do have some problems with the Debian package of eric. It segfaults at
startup. Recently every

> upgrade of python-qt4 has broken eric. The current versions are ptyhon-qt4
>> 4.5.1 and sip4 4.8.1. My
>> other package PyQwt5 segfaulted also but after recompilation it works
>> perfectly.
>>    Eric however segfaults, even the installer. I have tried versions 4.3.4
>> and 4.4-snapshot. I didn't find out
>> how to compile the SVN version.
>

> Please ask the debian maintainers to bump their qscintilla and
> python-qscintilla packages to version 2.4. That should solve the problem.
>
> Darren

Thanks for the answer but I am the Debian maintainer. Your solution worked
perfectly until today when sip version 4.8.1 and
python-qt4 4.5.1 appeared. Unfortunately I cannot fix the current problem.

/Gudjon