[Eric] KDE DEBUG Message Inundation

Peter Alexander vel.accel at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 10:35:32 BST 2009

Hi Detlev,

I'm on a Gentoo linux system with a KDE4 desktop. Eric4 source pkg
installed by package manager (but, I think I remeber it happens
regardless of how it's installed).
Just about every action (e.g: open file dialog) that eric4 takes,
display's a pop up window showing the stdout DEBUG message.
I'm talking like 20-30 (consecutive) pop windows for each message.
(e.g: Debug Message: (12450) KFileWidget::KFileWidget: startDir
KUrl("file:///home/travlr/src/pytables-trunk.gitsvn")).
Now, these are the type of messages typically displayed in the
interactive shell when launching an app from the shell.
How do I shut it off? Unchecking "Show this message again" does not
disable any future messages.
I searched through the sources too.. too much in there to pinpoint it myself.

Thank you,
Pete