[Eric] IDE Configuration Issue

Martin Bures needemesleepe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 16:57:54 GMT 2009

Hi, everyone.  I have been using eric4 on and off again for a while now.
This is a great Python editor but I am having one issue that is driving me
bonkers and it is really preventing me from committing to it.

With autocompletion enabled, everytime it encounters something to provide a
suggestion, it pops up a dialogue box containing the options but steals
focus and instead of being able to either continue typing and ignore the
suggestions or use the arrow/enter keys to make a suggestion, I have to
explicitly use the mouse.  Is there any way to make this feature less
obtrusive?

I am using eric4 4.2.5 r2785.  I am running it on Ubuntu 8.10.

  Python

2.5.2

Qt

4.4.3

PyQt

4.4.3

sip

4.7.7

QScintilla

2.2

eric4

4.2.5 (r2785)

I have autocompletion enabled, case sensitive and replace word.
I have calltips enabled.

Best Regards,
Martin