[Eric] Request: easier install process, please

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:54:58 BST 2009

I spoke with Detlev offlist, and we identified some issues that make
it difficult to install using distutils (for example, seperate
installers for the various languages that install into the same target
directory in site-packages). We decided it was not worth altering the
working installation script.

Darren

--
"In our description of nature, the purpose is not to disclose the real
essence of the phenomena but only to track down, so far as it is

"It is a bad habit of physicists to take their most successful
abstractions to be real properties of our world." - N. David Mermin

"Once we have granted that any physical theory is essentially only a
model for the world of experience, we must renounce all hope of
finding anything like the correct theory ... simply because the
totality of experience is never accessible to us." - Hugh Everett III