[Eric] Eric4 help viewer causes pythonw.exe crash

Jaime Seuma jaims.seuma at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 10:53:14 BST 2009

In my desktop, the next secuence of actions causes pythonw.exe to crash,
with the typical windows dialog of 'send report to microsoft':
eric4 help->Qt4 Documentation.
In the viewer, in the search textbox type something (for instance, QtCore)
Then, in the results listbox, double click something (for instance,
'QtCore module')

At this point pythonw.exe crashes. The process will remain active
(killable from the task manager) and using a lot of cpu (>50%).

My version numbers:
Python 2.6.1
Qt 4.5.0 (Nokia release Jan09)
PyQt 4.4.4
sip 4.7.9
QScintilla 2.3.2
eric4 4.4-snapshot-20090419 (r3045)

I guess it would have something to do with some of this sw versions(?)
therefore I don't think it is much of a critical issue.

Cheers

Jaime